We think there is a serious lack of relevant and useful information about the sexuality of African women. This blog is a space for African women to share tips, experiences and more...

Catching my ‘squirt’ by Cosmic Yoruba

Do you remember your first orgasm? What emotions did you feel? Mine was fear but I’m getting ahead of myself here. I was recently reminded of my very first orgasm and I’d like to share two stories.

I started masturbating in my late teens, while I was at university. I can be a very technical person so I “learned” how to do it “right” by reading self-help books and visiting websites that offered advice on masturbation. It was self-experimentation galore. I’d try different kinds of touching but never came.

It felt like too much of a bother, I guess I was lazy too. Things changed one night, I think I had read some erotica. I lay on my bed touching myself until I felt the world tip over. I stopped immediately. That was when the fear came in. I was scared. I still don’t know why I was. Could it be that I felt guilty?

No, I wasn’t thinking about hell at that point. Still you never know, maybe that was embedded into my subconscious. I tried again and this time, something came out. It came out of me like a splash and I was convinced it was pee. From then on, I started putting a towel under my bum any time I masturbated.

Eventually, I learned what squirting was and that it was okay. But I still didn’t feel right about it which is why I guess the waters ran dry for years.

Fast-forward years to last week. I’ve been living the celibate life. I touch myself but not as often as I would if I was having frequent sex. Still once in a while the “congi” catches me. So I’m feeling horny and I look for this tiny bullet vibrator I bought the last time I felt this way. I’m just there rubbing the vibrator on my clit then I decide to switch things up and position it a different way. Within seconds I’m about to orgasm and I feel something drip out of me…then it’s, oh shit!

I drop the vibrator.

I reach below my bum in an attempt to catch the “squirt”.

The “squirt” comes in one huge wave anyway.

So I’m there, one hand under my bum yet the bed is soaked. I still sniff it because despite the fact that this has happened to me several times, I still think “pee”. Then I remember I peed before heading to bed anyway.

This incident reminded me of those days in university when I started exploring my body and my sexuality. It’s been almost a decade now since those days but I’m still coming to terms with this.

About the Author

has written 359 stories on this site.

10 Comments
  1. Kwunume says:

I still wonder what the liquid is, from what I have read over the internet it is not pee. most women are not lucky enough to experience it. have fun.

2. Naa Adjeley says:

Reading this, i just became aware of the fact that i haven’t squirted in months. I used to love squirting… It made me even more hornier and i actually felt sexier. Sadly, the last time i squirted was when i was playing solo; knuckle deep in with my palm grazing my clit.
    Ive had a really rough time this past year and a half…combining work, school and my relationships. I broke off my engagement somewhere middle of last year and even though he was generally a selfish lover, my sex life went straight downhill to almost non existent. I’m seeing someone else now (long distance) and the sex is great when we have it. But still, no squirting. My hypothesis here is that squirting, like all other features of amazing sex, is more likely when you’re REALLY in the right frame of mind. Like they say: its all in your head

3. kwame says:

Ah here we squirt again! Was just wondering when someone was going to reignite the wonderful squirt convo begun by Voluptuous Voltarian. Still dreaming of experiencing a woman squirt

4. Daisy says:

So has anyone tried tasting it to find out if it’s pee or not? If I am able to hold it and still scream “I want to pee, I want to pee” does it still count as squirt?

5. kwame says:

Daisy, are you a squirter? If you are, can you do the experiment and share? From all my reading though, it appears it tastes nothing like pee at all

6. Daisy says:

I am yet to find out Kwame. I have this fear of “Oh, what if it’s pee or what if it’s not” and just let it torture me till it’s over.

7. Ankunda says:

That squirt ain’t urine. At least I have always proved that. And every woman squirts. It is just a technique a man uses. We have what we call “akachabali” in our tribe. That is using the penis to stroke the clitoris and circular movement around a woman’s labia and boom, the tap opens.

8. cosmicyoruba says:

I’ll have fun Kwunume, I’d love to figure out how to control it tbh.

9. cosmicyoruba says:

@Naa Adjele I definitely agree that it’s all in your head. I’ve found that when I approached it from a “I want to squirt” angle, it never comes.

@Daisy I’ve never tried tasting lol, maybe I should the next time the elusive squirt surprises me. I don’t know about being able to hold it in tbh. I totally get the fear of wondering if it’s pee or not, that’s something that we’ll have to get over.

@Ankunda I am so curious about “akachabali”, it’s something I’d love to try if I find a guy who knows or is willing to learn the technique.

10. Ankunda Dickens says:

@cosmjcyoruba, it’s heavenly. It’s holy ground.

Leave any Comment or Questions