Happy New Year! In a few days this blog will be 3 years old, and what an exciting 3 years it has been. When I started this blog with Abena I did not anticipate how popular it would become, and how much support I would receive from the numerous people who read the blog. I am truly grateful to all of you that take time to send me emails, comment on the blog and especially those who write guest contributions.
Here are my hopes for ‘Adventures’ for the year 2012:
- Post more guest contributions from African women all over the continent. So far, I think the majority of contributions have come from West Africa and the Diaspora. I would really like to hear more from my sisters in East, Southern, Central and Northern Africa.
- I would like the blog to become multi-lingual. Wouldn’t it be fab to have some posts in diverse African languages? As well as the other languages spoken on the continent – French, Portuguese, and Arabic? Hmm but how will I be able to fulfil my curator role?
- I would like more posts that look at issues around ‘faith and sex/sexuality’.
- I would like more posts that look at the full spectrum of sexuality, and the effects of increasing homophobia on the LGBTQI communities on the continent.
- How about some posts from women involved in sex work? Any women who are clients of sex workers?
- Experiment with video and audio blogs.
- Some expert guest posts would be nice. Posts from a qualified sex therapist, psychiatrist, gynaecologist, etc
What would you add to this list? Do you think the website needs a re-design for 2012? What should we change, include, consider if we go ahead with a redesign? What kind of topics would you like us to discuss on ‘Adventures’ in this year?
I hope you will all help to make my hopes for 2012 come true. Thank you so much for reading ‘Adventures’ and spreading the word…